Monday 11 February 2008

Spike

"Now, which book will I have today? Perhaps a little Shakespeare or a cat book? Hmmm?"
"My Dad thinks this is his chair! He must be joking!"

My husband and I adopted Spike on 22nd November, 2006. He's very special to us because our old cat, Jasmine, died on 9th November, three days after being shot by an air rifle. She had a beautiful temperament and we never thought we would get over her sad death, but Spike has filled that void.

"I'm the King of the castle. It was easy getting up. Now, how do I get down?"

He is a real character. He's playful and great company. We never had Jas as a kitten, so we missed out on her early years, as she adopted us.

"Crikey, there's my rellies on-screen!! How did they get in there then?"

"Whozat?!"

I watch Spike looking at himself in the mirror wardrobes. He stands up on his hind legs and places his paws against the doors, trying to touch what he thinks is another cat. He's so inquisitive; he goes in the bathroom after we have showered, trying to catch the drips of water with his paws on the outside of the cubicle. He does the same at our glass back door. Also, he loves looking at the books in our book-case (see picture at the top)

"I'm a bit partial to some velvet. It's really comfortable. I'm glad to be here I can tell you. No velvet in Llys Nini, but plenty of loving care. But, there's no place like home."

He's absolutely adorable and we can't thank Llys Nini enough for enabling us to adopt him. Many thanks to all the dedicated team at Llys Nini.




2 comments:

RSPCA Llys Nini said...

Gosh Spike how you have grown!
Good to seeing you so well.
Love from all at the cattery.

chris said...

Spike here, just noticed your comments I am fine and doing well. My mum and dad tell me I'm a really handsome boy ,more important they think I'm extremely intelligent and such a good lad. When I first arrived from the cattery last November I was so frightened I hid behind my mum's sewing machine for 2 days and only came out when they had gone to bed.
They are good people and bought me toys and played with me for hours until I became more confident. Secretly I rule the roost here! I"m a big boy now just celebrated my 1st birthday on July 1st,nearly forgot to say I won 2 rosettes+ certificates in the kitten photograph competition on June 1st at Llys Nini ,I do like to support the cattery as I spent most of my 18 weeks of life there,better close thanks to everyone at the cattery for taking such good and dedicated care of me
Spike Parker